Since it was a cinematic kind of dream, here's an IMDB-style Goofs and Trivia section for it (inspired by the [Something] Awful Movie Database):
- Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Depending on the nature of the attack, diving behind a low concrete wall could provide sufficient protection from the flash, heat, and pressure wave of a nuclear detonation.
- Revealing mistakes: Refugees fleeing from the aftermath of a nuclear explosion would not be so darn good-looking.
- Plot holes: It is exceedingly unlikely that plague rats would appear so quickly after a nuclear attack. Unless they escaped from a lab or something.
- Continuity: The season changes between winter and not-winter, seemingly at random.
- Continuity: In the scene where Dad is shoveling the driveway, the snow changes from regular snow, to a sheet of clear ice (several feet thick) between shots.
- Incorrectly regarded as goofs: The woman on the bus is seen using a Phillips-head screwdriver, then later stabs someone with it. Although a slotted screwdriver would generally serve as a better stabbing weapon, a Phillips screwdriver can be used in this fashion.
- Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): My explanation of the difference between "species" and "genus," though wildly incorrect, is consistent with the long period of time since my last biology class.
- Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Females can play video games, some at a proficiency matching, or even exceeding, those of males.
- Director Trademark: [joelogon] Doesn't remember much else from the dream, and can hardly make sense of the illegible and unintelligible scrawl from the notepad.