Today officially marks a week since the layoff, so I guess I should figure out what to do. Step One is to get out of the house a bit more (bonus: I get to avoid doing around the house stuff), so I'm in the local Greenberry's right now, taking the laptop out for its first field trip.
Some things I need to do.
* Make some appointments for some checkups. It's been a while, and I might as well do it while the health insurance stuff is still the same.
* Macbook: Mail isn't quite working right, so a little more tweaking is in order.
* Personal calling cards. Get some.
* Blog Housekeeping: Overhaul the categories, which are a big steaming mess. A few adjustment to the template, especially the main page. Fix that stupid top nav bar, which I just hacked together after the Blogger beta transition screwed it up a while back.
* House Housekeeping: It's still a mess. The addition of 3 boxes of office crap didn't help things.
* Identity Theft: I have a situation that I need to resolve. It's a pain and I've been avoiding it, but I got plenty of time right now, after all.
* Fix Up the Office: I have plenty of things to fix in the house, but now it's going to be pretty critical to finally fix up the extra bedroom into a real workspace.
Other than that, I guess I should think about a Halloween costume and do a few other things. Also get to blogging some more, and not just about stuff I need to do.
I'm sufficiently wired on coffee now, so I think I'll go home and play with some boxes.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Hmm... Give me the name and number and don't ask any questions. The less you know, the better.
Joe I am very sorry about Randy's stupid ass decision to lay you off (among almost all the beta staff and Tae Kang). They are just a big mess. There's no hope for AOL anymore.
You are the most productive unemployed person I've ever known. You are making the others look bad -- start watching soaps and crying into your Hot Pockets STAT! :)
FYI I got Moo cards via flickr and love 'em. The weight was much nicer than I had anticipated too.
Also, what identity theft stuff? is it interesting enough for me to interview youo for the (big corpo) blog I work for? lemme know!
Dan -- let's not compound this with murder-for-hire. Besides, I don't think revenge will help with the credit bureaus.
Mike -- thanks. It's just business.
Susie -- the ID theft thing is just your run of the mill open accounts and run. Nothing interesting unless I take Dan up on his offer.
And I don't have any Hot Pockets.
I wouldn't go so far as calling it "revenge" Joe. If anything, just think of it as taking a much more proactive approach to better spending habits with your money.
Post a Comment