I discovered on Friday that my front left headlamp had burned out.
I could have sworn I'd changed it less than a year ago.
Anyway, I went and got a 2-pack of replacement headlamps (since it's cheaper and where one has gone, so will the other).
Of course, I had waited until night, though it had at least stopped raining.
It gave me a chance to try out my new River Rock 2AAA LED headlamp, a pretty neat, cheap and good headlamp available for $14.99 at Target (check out the review - 4 of 5 stars)
Since I've done it before, knew what to expect: a half hour bent over the engine (just stop that right now), contorted around the coolant reservoir and tearing up my knuckles trying to get the retaining clip back on.
I pulled out the old bulb (which was very burnt out) and put the new one in.
Surprisingly, the retaining clip went on easily. Too easily, as I should have realized immediately.
I then went to plug the wires back in, which is usually easy. Instead, I wrestled with it for about 15 minutes, with no luck.
I then took another look, and realized why the retaining clip had gone on so easily.
The bulb fits into a base attachment, which then is clipped in to the headlamp as a unit; the wires attach to the base.
I had neglected to take the base off the old bulb, which is why the clip went in easy, but the wires didn't.
It took about 10 more minutes, but I finally got the bulb changed.
Monday, October 24, 2005
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment