So, I finally put the wheels back on my skates.
It's been six weeks.
I'm pretty sure the bearings are in substantially worse shape than they were before.
Leaving them soaking in Simple Green for a week will do that.
Also, I bought the wrong flex-drive for my Craftsman-branded Rotozip.
Thankfully, Sears has a liberal return policy.
I didn't need it, but I exchanged it for the right one anyway.
Grinding wheels throw off a lot of sparks, by the way. Good thing I bought safety glasses.
I also had to buy a really big screwdriver.
Then of course, I had to get some grease for the bearings.
The only way it could have been dumber would be if I forgot to flip and rotate the wheels when I put everything back together.
I should probably just have bagged it and bought some K2s.