* A nine-year-old girl who weighs 88 pounds can squat more than I can (187 pounds).
* That. I. Did. Not. Have. A. Chance. And that any random asshole on the street or in a bar would have had a better chance.
* That in 15 years (no, let's make that 25 years), I have not learned a goddamn thing.
* Rage feels good. Especially a rolling, roiling, righteous rage. It's much better than mere seething resentment.
* The assholes were right. About everything: Ready, fire, aim. Lie your ass off. Have a hard heart. Play the numbers game. Quantity is better than quality.
* That I need to buy a heavy bag, because I keep getting tired before I can get all my mad out.
Monday, April 11, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
With respect, brother: the assholes are only right about the rules of the game they invented. It may be the most prominant game among a certain species of primate that has the attention span of a hummingbird, but it ain't the only game.
Ever worry whether rich people are good at playing Monopoly? Neither did I. (Neither did they.)
Sorry for getting Zen on your arse on a Wednesday afternoon. Sometimes a guy just has to point out that the asshole game is only important if it is.
Rusty Ring: Reflections of an Old-Timey Hermit (blog)
Post a Comment